Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Where the wonders of modern science began....

“Tide of innovation that stimulated a man’s mind to an extraordinary extent.”
       Quennell. M A history of everyday things in England Page. 77

Completing my dissertation was truly one of the most difficult pieces of writing that I have ever had to action. The topic in itself was in the beginning a chore to even research as I genuinely had no idea or interest to the background of the Industrial Revolution.... an element which I now regret. The topic provoked a continuous questioning of where the world would stand without such technological advances and how my life would differ from the one I hold today; to be honest has the Revolution even ended? I feel the utmost remorse for the children subject to the hardship within the Revolution as their lives became accustomed to the regimental and monotonous nature of the machine with conditions no better than the situation itself. It is said that 'trial and error' is a method of reaching the exact solution of a problem and this is evident no more so than through the revolution and the machinery constructed. The mechanisations of some of the most creative inventions were at the time formed by somewhat amateurs, using basic tools and no background knowledge of the field changing industries forever. I tried so hard to complete my dissertation to a high standard and after receiving my marks and feedback yesterday, I was awarded a 2:1 with a mark of 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment